You ordered Chinese takeout every day this week, and you’re so sick of eating the same old fried rice. I’ve got the recipe here to spice up your leftovers and impress all of your friends. Not only is it spicy, but it’s also cheesy, crunchy, and bacon-y. It’s everything you could ever want rolled up in the shape of a ball.
- 3 cup fried rice
- 2 eggs
- 5 strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (for mixture)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup panko Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha (for sauce)
- 1/4 lemon
1. Combine fried rice, eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and Sriracha in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Coat your hands in a layer oil.
3. Roll the mixture into 1-inch diameter balls and place then on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Mix 1/3 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water in a small mixing bowl. Once that mixture is smooth, mix in the other 1/4 cup of water to form a slurry consistency.
6. Place panko in a medium bowl and season it with Kosher salt.
7. Once you take the rice balls out of the fridge, they should be solid and easy to work with. Dip each rice ball into the flour-water slurry, coat them in the panko crumbs, and place them back into the parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Freeze the rice balls for another 30 minutes.
9. In a large skillet, pour enough oil to cover half of the rice balls. Once the oil reaches 350° F, start frying the rice balls in batches. Remember to cook both sides for about 2 minutes each, until they reach a golden brown color.
10. Drain the rice balls on some paper towels.
11. Combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and Sriracha in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can substitute greek yogurt and lemon juice with ranch dressing.
12. Plate it, dip it, and eat it!