Nine companies were last Friday awarded at the maiden edition of the Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA) held at Accra City Hotel.
Kasapreko’s Alomo Bitters was adjudged Product of the Year while RTD of the year went to Orijin RTD, Fruit Juice of the year – Blue Skies and Wine of the year was swept by Uncle T Red Wine (T.T. Brothers Company Limited) among others.
GBA is an awards scheme which aims at honouring excelling beverage stakeholders in Ghana for their contribution to the country’s economy.
Organised by Global Media Alliance, the maiden edition was themed “Inspiring excellence in the beverage industry in Ghana”.
Global Media Alliance collaborated with recognised institutions such as the Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Consumer Protection Agency (CPA), Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG) and the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA).
1. Product of the Year – Kasapreko Alomo Bitters
2. RTD of the year – Orijin RTD – Guinness Ghana Brewery Limited (GGBL)
3. Fruit Juice of the year – Blue Skies – Blue Skies Ghana
4. Wine of the year – Uncle T Red Wine- T.T. Brothers Company Limited
5. Chocolate/Cocoa/Milk Beverage of the year – Nestle Milo – Nestle Ghana Limited
6. Energy Drink of the year – Rush Energy Drink – Twellium Industries
7. Soft Drink of the year – Special Ice Range of Soft Drinks –Special Ice
8. Spirit of the year – Castle Bridge London Dry Gin – GIHOC Distilleries Company Limited
9. Bitters of the year – Kasapreko Alomo Bitters – Kasapreko Company Limited
10. Beer of the year – Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (GGBL)
11. Water of the year – Bel Aqua Mineral water – Blow Chem Industries
12. Manufacturer of the year – Kasapreko Company Limited